HACT is a non-profit, faith-based organisation that was founded in 1990 as a ministry of the Hillcrest Methodist Church.
Our mission is to provide unconditional love and hope to HIV/AIDS impacted communities in the Valley of 1000 Hills region through interventions addressing prevention, care, community empowerment and income generation.
Our vision is an AIDS-free Valley of 1000 Hills.
Our objectives include:
- To comprehensively assess the status and needs of everyone who approaches us for help
- To provide holistic, individualised care for people living with HIV/AIDS
- To economically empower people living with HIV/AIDS so they can adhere to their ARV medication
- To provide relevant and inspirational HIV/AIDS education and awareness programmes
- To empower and care for at risk groups– such as orphaned and vulnerable childre and grandmothers
- Through the above, provide unconditional love, hope and dignity to those impacted by HIV/AIDS
Our values are:
- Passion: to serve with passion, energy and commitment, always acknowledging the privilege it is to be helping others.
- Faith: seeking to do as Jesus would do: “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” NIV John 13: 34-35.
- Integrity: the message and the messenger must be the same, we must practice what we preach and be honest in all things.
- ‘Ubuntu: ‘I am because you are’ – being community driven and constantly aware that our actions impact on those around us and that the sum is always better than the parts.
- Empowerment: helping people to take ownership over their lives