“What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significant of the life that we lead.” – Nelson Mandela
Take up our sticker challenge and make a difference this Mandela Day!
Each sticker sold helps to saves lives; every donation and act of kindness brings life, health and joy to the many men, woman and children who pass through the doors of our 24 Bed Respite Unit. The money you raise helps us to treat and empower those on their way to recovery, as well as to provide dignity, love and care to those so sick they are bedridden: Mothers needing strength so they can nurse their babies; breadwinners unable to walk, now learning to be mobile again; children initiated onto treatment regaining the sparkle in their eyes; students having learnt their status keen to educate others; former patients now ready to work and start their own businesses.
Take Action Sticker Challenge
From now until Mandela Day (18 July 2017) you can take part in our Sticker Challenge to raise awareness and support for our Respite Unit. We challenge you to be a sticker selling guru and sell our Mandela Day stickers (@ R10 each) to your family, friends, colleagues, team mates, your grandmother’s second cousin…let your imagination go wild! We challenge you to see how many stickers you can sell in 67 minutes or set a target of selling 67 stickers (or 670!). You can collect your stickers from us or we can chat about getting them to you. It’s up to you how sell them, just be sure to capture your creativity and post on our Facebook page! You can use the attached flier to tell everyone about the sticker challenge via email, WhatsApp or by posting the flier on a notice board.
67 Minutes of Caring
In addition to the Sticker Challenge why not also give 67 Minutes of Caring, either in the run up to Mandela Day or on the day itself. Here are some ideas to help you get started:
· Full wardrobe? Clean it out and donate gently used items to our clothing scheme which provides an income for 20 families - we particularly need children’s clothes.
· Want to declutter? Get a head start on your Spring Clean and bring your stuff to us (books, toys, furniture, kitchenware, linen… anything!) to be sold in our Book and White Elephant shops.
· Purchase some goodies for our Respite Unit patients such as toiletries (lotion, deodorant, tooth brushes/paste), adult nappies and sanitary pads, bed socks.
· Artsy and creative? Bring craft supplies (e.g. paper, pencils, crayons, stickers, glitter, etc.) for our patients to spark their own imagination and/or create memory boxes.
· Want to bake? Get your apron on and bake some tasty treats for our patients or host a coffee morning or cake sale at your place, and donate the proceeds.
· Spruce up your garden and home by shopping at our plant nursery and Woza Moya craft shop.
Contact us or drop by the Centre
Give us a shout if you’re up to the challenge or come by the Centre to get more information. You can contact Boni or Bekky at 031-765-5866 or email email@example.com; we are located at 26 Old Main Road, Hillcrest (Monday-Friday 8am-4pm). Remember to take a selfie of your efforts and post it on our Facebook page or via Twitter:
Financial donations can be made in person, via our website or by EFT here. Donations are tax-deductible and HACT is BBBEE and Section 18A registered.
Wishing you heartfelt thanks for your support and care this Mandela Day!